Brown University Admission Requirements
Brown university admission requirements inspire undergraduates to become brown university creative thinkers, intellectual risk-takers, and entrepreneurial problem-solvers.
This specific approach is very demanding of the students. As the architect of your own education, you are responsible for your own intellectual and creative development. But you will also receive support from a dedicated community of faculty, staff, and peer advisors and have access to many resources across the university to help you along your way.
Brown University Application
Start by creating an account on the Common Application website. Once you’ve registered, you’ll need to add Brown University to your list of colleges via the College Search tab.
The general application is divided into three classes:
1. General information for all the schools you are applying to
2. Brown University Specific Questions
3. School Forms Submitted by Your School Counselor and Academic Coaches
Brown university-specific questions
Questions specific to Brown, including our essays for the 2022-2023 application cycle, are found in the section labeled “Questions.” If you are applying to the eight-year Program in Liberal Medical Education (PLME) or the five-year Brown-Rhode Island School of Design Dual Degree Program (BRDD), you must also complete the Special Program Essay.
- Brown’s open curriculum allows students to explore widely while diving deep into their academic pursuits. Tell us about any academic interests that excite you, and how you might use the Open Curriculum to take up subjects you’re unfamiliar with. (200-250 words)
Brown’s culture fosters a community in which students challenge the views of others and their views are challenged in return, thereby fostering a deep and clear understanding of the complex issues facing society. This active engagement in dialogue exists outside the classroom as much as it does in academic spaces. Tell us about a time when you were challenged by a viewpoint that differed from your own. How did you react? (200-250 words)
3. Brown students care deeply about their work and the world around them
There are three essays required of PLME applicants:
1. Committing to a future career as a physician in high school requires careful thought and self-reflection. How do you feel your personal background gives you a unique perspective on medicine? (250-word limit)
2. Health care is constantly changing, as it is affected by racial and social disparities, economics, politics and technology, and more. How will you make a positive impact as a doctor of the future? (250-word limit)
3. How do you envision the Program in Liberal Medical Education (PLME) to help you meet your academic, personal and professional goals as an individual and as a future physician? (250-word limit)
Essay Questions for Brown | RISD Dual Degree Applicants
Brown | An essay is required of applicants to the RISD Dual Degree Program:
1. Brown | The RISD Dual Degree Program draws on the complementary strengths of Brown University and the Rhode Island School of Design (RISD) to provide students with the opportunity to explore diverse areas of academic and creative inquiry, culminating in a capstone project which is interrelated content, approaches, and methods from two different learning experiences.
Based on your understanding of the academic programs at Brown and RISD and the opportunities created by the BRDD program’s broader learning community, describe specifically how and why the BRDD program would constitute an optimal graduate education for you. As part of your answer, be sure to explain how you can contribute to the dual degree community and its commitment to interdisciplinary work. (650 word limit)
Brown university deposit material
Within the Common Application, you will be presented with either online or paper methods to invite the appropriate school officials and teachers to supply records and recommendations. We suggest that you start the process early to give them enough time to respond before the deadline.
faxing or emailing records
We recommend sending all official test scores, transcripts, and recommendations sent through the Common Application. Brown has also partnered with slate.org, through which counselors can upload materials directly to applicants. If this is not an option, please arrange to have your materials emailed to [email protected] In the absence of other electronic submission options, items may be faxed to 401-863-9300. Please track the items shipped to Brown.
Do not mail duplicate hard copies, as this may slow down processing time.
Brown university graduate application fee
To apply for Co Brown you must submit a nonrefundable application fee of $75, or the fee waiver. As part of our commitment to making a Brown University education accessible to students of all income backgrounds, Brown is making the automatic application fee waiver available to more students.
Brown university Application Fee Exemption
Brown will automatically waive the application fee for any student who is enrolled in or eligible for the Federal Free or Reduced Price Lunch Program (FRPL), as well as students who are enrolled in federal, state or local programs that serve low-income students Let’s help. Family (for example, the TRIO program). Additionally, Brown will automatically waive the application fee for any student who belongs to a community-based organization or college access organization that promotes educational opportunities for low-income students.
Applicants to Brown who meet any of these requirements should select “Brown Specific Fee Waiver” in the “Brown Questions” section of the Common Application.